Terms and Conditions
OverviewThe CommunityFinder directory is a catalogue of community groups and services in the Wellington region. This website is managed and maintained by the Wellington City Council.
Anyone is free to list, manage and update information about not-for-profit community organisations in the Wellington region on CommunityFinder.
To list your group or service on CommunityFinder, you will need to create an account as a Group Owner.
It’s your information – you’re in control
As a Group Owner, you can choose what information you provide about your group. You have full control over updates and changes to your listing, as well as over removing your listing at any time.
Your responsibilityAs a Group Owner, you are responsible for updating and maintaining the information on your listing to make sure it is correct.
You must keep us informed of any change of physical / postal addresses, email addresses, contact numbers and any other information relevant to your listing on CommunityFinder.
We will try to contact Group owners through the email address listed in the directory; however, no responsibility can be accepted if the contact details for you are incorrect.
Our editorial discretion
The CommunityFinder administrator reserves the right to exercise broad editorial discretion in determining the content is suitable for the online directory, and we have the right to change, suspend or delete your details at any time.
Group Owners will be notified by an automatically-generated email if your listing is changed by the CommunityFinder administrator while using editorial discretion.
Storage of information
All information you add to CommunityFinder through your account is held securely in our database. Only your Group listing information will be publicly published on the CommunityFinder directory. Your personal details (unless these are part of your Group’s details) will not be shared with third parties except if Wellington City Council is required to by law.
Public access of CommunityFinder content
Group Owners should be aware that any information listed on CommunityFinder is publicly accessible on the Internet and can be accessed worldwide. You should craft your listing with this in mind.
Usage tracking via Google Analytics and cookies
CommunityFinder uses Google Analytics to:
- determine which pages on our site attract the most interest
- determine which content is of interest to which groups of people
- inform our Group Owners how they might improve their content.
We do this using a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies do not contain information by which we can identify you – they only identify your computer to our servers.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Wellington City Council Privacy Officer
If you have any question or concerns regarding privacy, contact:
Phone: 04 801 3881
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these carefully.
1. USE OF THIS WEBSITE BY GROUP OWNERS
The website is provided for Group Owners’ use for the listing of community groups and services in the Wellington region.
Listing on the CommunityFinder directory indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, as they exist at that time. We will notify you to let you know if we change our Terms and Conditions.
WE EXPECT YOU TO:
- make sure the material you post or publish to CommunityFinder is accurate, complete, up to date and suitable
- be fully responsible for all account use and for any actions that take place with regard to your account, including accepting liability for all information, data, text, or other material under this account in the CommunityFinder directory, whether publicly viewed or information that is only available to Group Owners and administrators
- comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO:
- list any material which violates any intellectual property rights (including patents, trademarks, trade names, copyright and design rights or other rights of any person in any jurisdiction in the world)
- list any defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, unlawful, obscene, offensive, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable material of any kind
- upload any files that contain computer worms, viruses or other types of malicious or harmful programmes
- damage, modify, interfere with, disrupt or destroy the files, data, passwords, devices or resources that belong to CommunityFinder or do anything that compromises the security of CommunityFinder
- use CommunityFinder to engage in misleading or deceptive on-line marketing practices.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT:
- the CommunityFinder administrator approves the registration of all listings
- after a registration is approved, the CommunityFinder administrator can review the content or any material or associated link that you or others on your behalf post on CommunityFinder
- the CommunityFinder administrator has the right to either remove or to refuse to post any information and/or materials (in whole or in part) that CommunityFinder regards in any way objectionable or in violation of the Terms and Conditions
- CommunityFinder is not responsible for the content or conduct of any site linked to or from the CommunityFinder website
- the CommunityFinder directory may experience interruptions and access difficulties from time to time and that CommunityFinder will not be responsible for interruptions or access difficulties.
2. DATA QUALITY
We do not guarantee that the CommunityFinder directory is error or fault free.
CommunityFinder encourages all users of CommunityFinder to address any concerns you have about listed information by either:
- reporting a listing error on CommunityFinder through the “Report incorrect or inappropriate information” [hyperlink to form] link you can find on any group or service listing page
- emailing email@example.com
3. LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
Privacy and spam
CommunityFinder declares that its undertakings in these Terms are intended to create legal obligations, and that these obligations are intended to be enforceable under appropriate laws in appropriate jurisdictions. These include laws relating to data protection, the Privacy Act, and fair trading, specifically the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
Cookies from external websites
It is possible cookies may be set by clicking on links to external websites that belong to groups listed on CommunityFinder. CommunityFinder does not control the dissemination of these cookies and will not block cookies from those websites. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law:
CommunityFinder is not liable for any loss or damage, whether arising from negligence or otherwise in connection with information on or provided though the online directory.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS
The Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
All rights not expressly granted in the Terms and Conditions are reserved.