A directory of community groups and services in the Wellington region
CommunityFinder can help you find out what’s happening on your doorstep. Our online directory contains over 2,000 groups and services across the greater Wellington region.
Special features include:
CommunityFinder was developed in partnership with the region’s district health boards, and Kapiti, Lower Hutt, Porirua and Wellington city councils.
Contact us if you have any questions. We also welcome your feedback.
CommunityFinder relies on information from the community. Add your group to our online directory and make sure you keep your details updated. It is free to list on CommunityFinder.
Learn how to add a group, update your group, or duplicate your group to add additional options for your activities or services.
List a new group on CommunityFinder.
1. Sign up and enter your details to create an account. This will take you to the My account page.
2. Click ‘Add a group’ to create a new group to be listed on CommunityFinder.
3. Fill out the form, giving details of your activity/service, a venue, and the times you offer this.
4. When you’ve finished entering your details on the form, click ‘Submit’. Your new group will go to a CommunityFinder administrator to be approved. We’ll send you an email when your group is live on the directory.
5. Click ‘Preview’ at the top of the page to see how your group will display on CommunityFinder.
6. While waiting for your group to be approved, you can continue to make updates to it on the My account page.
Update a group already listed in CommunityFinder.
1. Log in to update your details.
You will need to reset your password if this is the first time you are logging in to CommunityFinder since your group has been moved to Wellington’s new regional directory.
2. On the My account page, click ‘Edit’ to update your group’s details. Check the information for your group is sitting in the correct fields.
3. When you’ve finished updating your details on the form, click ‘Submit’.
4. Click ‘Preview’ at the top of the page to see how your group will display on CommunityFinder.
Add a new venue or add new activities/services and times for your group.
1. Log in to your account.
2. On the My Account page, choose the group you’d like to add a new location or activity/service and time to, and click ‘Duplicate’.
3. Make your changes to the Activity or service details part of the form and click ‘Submit’.
Terms and Conditions